Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Summer must haves!

      If you haven't noticed, summer is now in full swing! Days are spent at the beach, nights are spent by the bonfire, and the typical summer fashions are back on the shelves. Summer time and the hot weather also means that its time to bring out some of the essentials to survive/still look good on those extremely hot days.



      Starting off with the obvious...SUNSCREEN

      If you are one of the unlucky ones like me, you start to get sunburned the minute you step outside. So sunscreen is an essential in my summer go to's. I usually go for brands like Banana Boat or Coppertone as they are on the cheaper side and they do the trick. For everyday wear, I go for SPF 15-30 but if I know I'm going to be at the beach and some of the skin that is not normally exposed to the sun I definitely go for the 50+. And we mustn't forget to reapply through out the day!

Another thing we CAN NOT forget is to protect our lips. Have you ever had sunburned lips? Owwy mamma. I always try to look for chapstick with some SPF in it and the most recent on I found is one from the Babylips range! This gem is peppermint flavored and has an SPF of 20..but sadly I left mine at my friends house this past weekend :(...looks like I'll be taking a trip to the store soon!




      Rolling with the idea of SPF, it's very convenient to find a foundation with some SPF in it. My drugstore foundation of choice is the Rimmel Match Perfection in the shade True Ivory (or a shade darker depending on my tan). Bonus, it has SPF 18 as well! That is the perfect amount for day to day wear. Of course, if you are going to be exposed a lot longer, you should put a higher SPF on underneath.



    This foundation offers a medium coverage, it goes on rather well, its feels like (which is great for summer because who likes to feel like they have an extra layer on in 90 degree weather?) but it does offer a dewy finish so I definitely recommend powdering, especially in hot weather. If you want to completely avoid the dewy affect, another Rimmel foundation that is great is the Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation. I feel that it does not feel as light on your skin but it is still a great product. That brings me to my next must have.

    My all time FAVORITE powder has to be the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. I own the powder in translucent. I can think of nothing bad about this product. I just dab it with a kabuki brush and put it all over my face, focusing on the t-zone and any place that I've put concealer. It is only 4 dollars, it does its job, and its easy to travel with. Rimmel has to be one of my favorite drugstore brands at the moment. Great products for the price!

That being said, on to hair products!

       What is more summery than beachy waves? Um, nothing. One way to achieve those "just walked off the beach" is with Not Your Mothers Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray. Wow. That's a mouthful. All you have to do with this is, spray it on to your dry to damp hair, scrunch a little bit and voila! You are a beach babe. 


What are your favorite summer products? Leave a comment below and let me know! Enjoy the rest of your summer Xx





No comments: