Friday, April 12, 2013

UPDATE: My skincare routine

I have been on acne medication for about a year now, and since I started it my skin has been very dramatic, if you will. Somedays (mainly depending on the weather) it is dry and irritating, or shiny and oily. I have been on the hunt for a great everyday face wash that will help calm my skin down a bit. While on the hunt for said product, I made a few other purchases and now I have a full skin care routine that has been working great! (all products prices listed below)

Firstly, I wash my face every morning and night with the Simple Kind to Skin Vital Vitamin Foaming Cleanser. Wowee that's a mouth full of words. I've been wanting to try this brand for the LONGEST time but every time I headed to the store I always seemed to forget about it..but at last I remembered. And boy am I happy that I did. 

At first I was a little hesitant to get the foaming cleanser, fearing that it wouldn't lather very well but I'm really happy with the outcome. This face wash is gentle enough for everyday use. This stuff is great for sensitive skin. It contains Vitamin B5*, Chamomile* and Geranium* (why are these helpful? listed at the bottom ). It does NOT contain any artificial perfume or dyes. Yay for natural! If you are wearing a lot of makeup, I would recommend using some sort of wipe before using this because it is a light product, it won't remove all of your foundation etc. Perhaps you could try the Simple Kind to Skin Face Wipes ;) After using this, I ALWAYS moisturize. Right now I'm using the Ponds Dry Skin Cream (reviewed a bit here X). 



About 3 nights a week, instead of the Simple Face Wash I use the St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub. I have pretty bad blackheads (TMI? hey, thats life!), but this has definitely improved the size of my pores and blackheads! It smells great and is an awesome exfoliant! Double bonus. 

 

About 2 times a week (or when I feel like my skin is looking a bit dull, I go for the Boots Power of Plants: Botanics Conditioning Clay Mask.


"This rich clay mask exhibits a negative electrical  charge to attract deep-rooted impurities from skin without drying" (taken from back of bottle). I love to use this after i use the St. Ives scrubs because I feel like the scrub gets out all the nasty stuff in the pores and then the mask cleans out the last it and then closes the poor. When you rinse this off after about 15 minutes, your skin will feel fresh, clean, and a bit tight. After I use this, I again, moisturize with the Ponds. 

I am so happy that I finally have figured out this routine because it really is working for me! Even though I'm loving this routine, I would still love to get some suggestions for my next skincare purchases! So, leave a comment below with your skincare routine!



*Vitamin b5: topical B5 combats aging and acne by improving skin hydration, maintaining skin elasticity, and increasing skin softness. B5 has anti-inflammatory properties, making it useful in the treatment of skin scaling, roughness, and dryness
*Chamomile: sooths skin rashes, including eczema and acne. It can also help ease minor burns and sunburn. It can be used as a lotion or added in oil form to a cool bath; chamomile also reduces skin inflammation.
*Geranium: helps the scars and other spots on skin to fade and vanish. It facilitates blood circulation just below the surface of skin and also helps make distribution of melanin uniform.

All products purchased from Target
Simple face wash- $6.99
St. Ive's scrub- $3.04
Boots face mask- $9.99

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi friends! My name is priya Ranjan and I am going to share you something about Tattoo removal . Before few months I want to remove our tattoo but not any clinic I found which can remove my tattoo. One day my friend told me about Klinik Esthetika. I visit that clinic and take their service for two months. After two months my tattoo was removed and my skin is in same as before. Thanks to Klinik Esthetika for this Tattoo Removal.