Thursday, January 3, 2013

Winter 2012 Beauty Favorites!

Does anyone else feel like this winter is flying by?? I know one things for sure, I ventured out of my comfort zone and tried A LOT of new products and brands this winter. And boy, am I glad I did! I had to narrow the selection down quite a bit but after a lot of thought, here are my winter favorites!


Lets start with face products..


Revlon Colorstay in 150 buff and Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Creamy Natural

After hearing loads and loads of people talking about the Revlon Colorstay foundation, I knew that i had to try it out. I'm a little mad that I didn't get this a sooner! The formulation is a little thin, so when I first got it I was a little hesitant because i have some scarring from previous acne as well as redness that i needed to cover up. But, have no fear! This foundation did the trick wonderfully. It feels light, looks natural and has light to medium coverage but is very build-able. Definitely try it out if you haven't already, I know I will be repurchasing it! Now, I have naturally oily skin, so I really needed something that really kept the shinyness down. I heard Tanya Burr (http://www.tanyaburr.co.uk/) talk about/use this product in basically all of her tutorials and when I saw the price, it was a done deal. Great product for the price. As you can see, I've left a pretty heavy dent in it. Xx

Onto the eyes!


No question about it, the Naked 2 palette by Urban is hands down my favorite eye product of the winter and it will probably be the favorite of most of 2013 (since I haven't had it a long time). The formulation is amazing, highly pigmented, and a wide assortment of neutral colors. I think that is why i was drawn to this because I mainly only wear neutral colors besides the occasional blue eyeliner if I'm feeling cheeky ;).

from bottom to top: Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted and Blackout

My favorite looks would have to be, shimmery eye: chopper all over lid & YDK in the crease with booty call in the inner eye and brow bone. line the lash line with Busted and blend it out. For more of a matte eye: Tease all over eyelid and Snakebite in the crease. Foxy in the inner eye and on the brow bone. Line the lashs line with Busted and blend it out. 
For both looks, you can put Busted on your lower lash line in the corner for a more dramatic/defined eye shape Xx 

my eye while wearing some of the Naked 2 Palette and my favorite mascara that I current don't have :/ It is the CoverGirl Lash Blast Fusion.

Now, onto one of my new obsessions! Lips!

for conditioning: 


EOS balls: Melon, Pomegranate Berry, Strawberry Shortcake, and Tangerine
C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve from Bath and Body Works

I can't say enough about these products. The EOS balls smell/taste amazing, the only thing I don't like about them is the fact that you can't carry them comfortably in a pocket, but that's what purses are for! The rose salve is sooooo hydrating. I lather it on at night and when I wake up, my lips are so smooth. 

Colored Lip Sticks:



Lipsticks by H&M in Bare if You Dare and Being Perfect

First off, I didn't even know H&M did make up until I went in there last month but I am pleasantly surprised by these! I've never been on to go for a dramatic lip, frankly, it scares me a bit. So naturally, I gravitated towards the nudes and pinks. Bare if you dare is a lovely nude with a hint of gold sparkle (lovely for summer) and being perfect is a good everyday light pink. The only downside is you almost have to wear some sort of lip balm underneath (i opt for one of the EOS balms) because they can have a dry look to them. I'm definitely going to try some more shades! Xx

Hair time!

Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil and Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Sea Salt Texturizing Spray


My hair is the definition of crazy. Its curly one day, wavy the next, and before you know it, its straight. But it never fails to be frizzy and unruly. Then one day, the hair gods from above sent me the Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil and I was saved from unruly hair. I have found that the Moroccan Argan Oil is a great dupe for the much more expensive Moroccanoil. At more than half of the price, it does the same great magic without hurting your wallet. My hair has never felt so smooth and the shine of it is ahhmazing. It also protects your hair from the heat of flat irons and such. Even better. Some days, I don't want silky smooth hair, believe it or not, so I turn to the Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Sea Salt Texturizing Spray. This brings out the natural wavyness of my hair without the frizz. It's great for those days where you don't want to do much or are in a bit of a hurry. Just spray it, tousle your hair a bit and your done! Xx




Last but not least, fragrance and body products!


Victoria Secret's Love Spell

Whenever I smell this, I always fall in love with it but for some reason I can never seem to bring myself to buy it. But when I saw that it was on sale, I took the opportunity to snatch it up. The scent is a mixture of cherry blossoms and peach but I sense a bit of raspberry in there as well. It's quite the springy/summery smell but I love it enough to wear it all year round. Xx




Both Bath and Body Works: Cashmere Glow Shower Gel and Vanilla Bean Noel Body Cream

As you can see, I've used the majority of the Cashmere Glow shower gel...it smells lovely. Such a rich, warm smell that's great for the fall time. I mainly used it as a bubble bath but it's great for either use. Vanilla has to be one of my all time favorite scents. Its great for any season and the fact that this lotion is sooo moisturizing makes this product an all around amazing product. I wish this wasn't just a winter product..but it looks like I'm going to have to use this sparingly to make it last. Xx



I'm really curious to know what your favorite products of this winter are so please leave a comment below! They give me ideas of what products to try next! Xx


No comments: