Tuesday, January 1, 2013

some of the beauty products I received or bought for Christmas!

As I get older, I tend to get very happy when i receive a beauty product as a present. I also see myself spending more of my own money on them as well...

I received these as a stocking stuffer and I was pretty pleased when I used them, although I'm not too keen on the scent of the Candy Cane but they are both lovely products. The bigger tubes are shower gel, bubble bath, and shampoo. And even though the purple lip gloss looks rather gaudy, have no fear! It comes out as a nice shiny gloss with a hint of a violetly pinky color. They are a bit sticky though.. I've come to realize that I used to get a lot of Philosophy products for Christmas in the past years, but until I started watching beauty videos on Youtube, I never realized that they are as popular as they are! Anyways, lovely products. I wouldn't recommend using the body products as a shampoo though, but I love them as a body wash/bubble bath. Xx
I picked this Sensual Sugar Scrub in the scent of black current vanilla from Bath and Body works about a week ago, and I LOVE the way it makes your skin feel. The scent on the other hand. blurgh. So off-putting and strong. It smelt up my whole house! I've basically been banned from using this in my house and I know my roommate won't want me using it in our dorm room either. So I may have to trash this one and go pick out another scent because I really do love the way it makes your skin feel. It's almost like it leave a residue on your skin but a good residue if that makes sense. Great for exfoliating especially in the winter when your skin is dry. I recommend this product just not in this scent. Xx 
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I finally got my hands on this lovely palette after debating whether or not to spend that much money on it, because it is NOT cheap! They recently built an Ulta by my house and I received a gift card by a friend and I automatically new what I was going to get. The beautiful Naked 2 by Urban Decay. And boy was it worth the wait! I'll talk more about this in my winter favorites coming up Xx
When I went and bought the Naked 2 palette, this came as a sample. "Sample? That's pretty big for a sample!" Right you are, my shining star. This is the biggest sample I've ever received! This is the Ouidad Climate Control Heat&Humidity gel. To be honest...I wasn't impressed with the payoff. I have naturally wavy/relaxed hair but it is also frizzy. I thought this would bring out more waves but it didn't do much at all. The consistency is very liquidey for a gel so maybe i got a bad batch? Maybe if you don't have naturally frizzy hair, this may work for you, but for me, I will not be purchasing this. Xx
After hearing so much about these products, I had to try them for myself. They are the Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray and Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream, and also the Renewing Moroccan Argan Penetrating Oil by Organix. Now I've only had these for a couple of days so I've only tried the sea salt spray and a bit of the moroccan oil. From what I've seen so far, I may have some new favorite products. They all smell amazing, the sea salt spray's scent can only be described as "summer". mmm mm good. The argan oil has a sweet smell, its lovely. And as the bottle says, the Kinky Curls smells like a mixture of grapes and jasmine, also lovely. Xx

There are a few more bibs and bobs but they may end up being in a "Winters Favorites" coming soon ;) 

No comments: